Visit these three destinations where there are specialists that guide you through a spiritual cleansing that help to restore your mojo with positive energy.
For decades, Catemaco, a town located in the south of the state of Veracruz, is one of the places with the highest concentration of sorcerers, who have made this place their home and the space indicated for spiritual purifications, invocations of entities, cures, and remedies.
So popular are the “purifications” in this destination that locals say that if you visit and do not receive one of these cleansings, it is as if you had never been in Catemaco.
It is worth mentioning that in this destination the National Congress of Witchcraft (also known as the Day of the Sorcerers ) is held, which has been held since the year 200, and where more than 200 healers and sorcerers gather, who during three days perform “purifications”, read letters, prepare remedies and guess the future of thousands of attendees.
Essentials of Catemaco
- Admire the beauty of the famous Catemaco lagoon
- Tour the Tropical Flora and Fauna Park
- Visit the Basilica del Carmen, the most visited place in Catemaco and where there is an image of the Virgin Mary who, they say, is very miraculous
This charming town located in the Sierra Norte de Oaxaca is another destination that, in addition to its natural beauty, is visited by those who seek a purification of bad energies.
One of the most visited places is the Center for Traditional Indian Medicine, a space where the most renowned local doctors perform cleansing and healing massages, and also are experts in herbalism, so they prescribe medicines made with herbs to cure all kinds of ills for the body and soul.
In this Center you will also find all kinds of remedies, ointments, teas and herbal compounds prepared according to ancient indigenous wisdom.
Essentials of Capulálpam
- Tour the Temple of San Mateo Disciple, a 16th century temple that still has 14 wonderful altarpieces
- Listen to a concert of the Marimba Nueva Esmeralda with local children
- Madruga and climb up to the Mirador de la Cruz before the sun comes up, the sunrise from this point is simply beautiful
Huautla de Jiménez [Oaxaca]
One of the most recognized Mexican women in the world is María Sabina, a healer and shaman of the indigenous Mazatec ethnic group of the state of Oaxaca and who was born in the Magic Town of Huatla de Jiménez. Here you can visit her house and learn more about the life of this wise woman who used the “holy children” (mushrooms) to heal.
Huatla has also become a beacon of traditional medicine and it is a point where they perform cleansings. In fact, here they use different plants to carry out a process of integral healing for a healing of both the body and the spirit.
During the visit to Hualtla it is worth visiting the Cerro de Adoración, a site considered sacred and where a god is believed to grant wishes in exchange for an offering. Here there are those who clean with flowers and prayers. Maria Sabina walked around this place in fungus buca with which she communicated with the universe.
Julieta Casimiro, a member of the International Council of Thirteen Indigenous Grandmothers, is also from this Magical Town, who, like Sabina, uses “holy children” to heal.
Essentials of Huautla de Jiménez
- Enjoy a cup of the aromatic coffee produced in the region
- Visit the Casa de María Sabina, located in the El Fortín neighborhood
- Admire the Cascades of the Iron Bridge with beautiful waterfalls and surrounded by thick vegetation